But I’m not talking about Blues-Bruins. No, the Bruins are the better team and are just steamrolling people right now. So my pick for the Stanley Cup Final tonight will be Bruins ML, even if there isn’t much value there. I’m going to stay away from the puck line because I do think the Blues play well tonight and I think these two strong defensive teams will play a closer game, so I’m also taking Under 5.5 goals tonight.
No, the underdog I’m talking about will be the New York Mets. They’re throwing Noah Syndergaard tonight against Walker Buehler in L.A., and I’m taking Mets ML at +161 just for the fuck of it.
Other picks from Walk The Line tonight:
Rays runline (-1.5) over Blue Jays
Marlins-Giants over 7
For today’s Useless Top 5, the top 5 NBA Finals series of my lifetime:
5) 1992: Bulls over Blazers (six games) – Michael Jordan at the height of his powers, 35-point first half, the shrug.
4) 2013: Heat over Spurs (seven games) – Ray Allen saves the day.
3) 1993: Bulls over Suns (six games) – Still peak MJ, but add in peak Barkley, too.
2) 2016: Cavs over Warriors (seven games) – The internet rarely reminds anyone of this, but the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead.
1) 1984: Celtics over Lakers (seven games) – The greatest Finals ever. Two Top 5 all-timers going at it. The first Finals meeting of the greatest rivalry of the 80’s.