Welcome back to Bosco’s Bets presented by OddsShark.com. THE spot for trends, stats, info on the public bets, articles and trends on the internet. Their team of writers + an extensive database of stats and trends makes OddsShark.com the best info source out there before placing a bet.
– A timeless tradition in houses across America is coming in from the barbecue outside, sitting down with Dad, your uncles and Grandfather and watching the back nine of the US Open. It really doesn’t get better than that. Hard to beleive but we’re only a week out from the U.S. Open. Early on, oddsmakers have tabbed Jason Day as the lone favorite(as seen below). Stephen Campbell points out, “Golf’s big three of Day, Spieth and McIlroy will not partake in this weekend’s FedEx St. Jude Classic, and the decision wasn’t particularly surprising. The majority of the world’s top golfers will normally not play three tournaments in a row before the U.S. Open, which is widely considered one of the toughest events on the Tour.” For the full odds, read Stephen’s piece here.
– Soccer guys will be interested in the fact that the Euro 2016 starts tomorrow! Lot of questions out there, like “Could this be England’s year?”, or “will host favorite France pull it out ?”
Andrew Avery takes a play right out of the Rico Bosco value textbook, and provides some solid insight on one pick to consider. Read up here.
– Futures ! Futures ! Futures ! It’s still really anyone’s trophy to take home regarding the MVP of The NBA Finals. Draymond Green still leads the board at +100 despite continuing to act like an a-hole on the court, but after the Cavs showed some sense of life in Game 3, Lebron James has bumped down to +400 compared to his +600 after Game 2. Stephen Campbell back at it again with the full article.
Advice : This can go 1 of 2 ways. The Cavs end thousands of years of suffering and ride off into the sunset, or Golden State repeats. And these may be boring picks but let’s face it, if you think the Cavs can win the whole thing (I personally don’t), you’d be crazy not to take Lebron right now at +400. Legit lunacy to pass that up, knowing it’s going to plummet if/when the series goes 2-2. Now if you think Golden State’s going to win, you gotta figure Curry has at least 1 big game in their two wins, especially after a shaky start. Curry at +165 seems like a decent play as well.
– Speaking of The NBA Finals. Game 4 is tonight. Cleveland opens at -2.
Full trends can be found here.
– The ponies are geared up for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes. Want to bet the favorite ? Not so fast according to OddsShark’s research team. Pony expert Mike Dempsey has this nugget : Last year American Pharoah become the first winning betting favorite in the Belmont Stakes since Afleet Alex in 2005. Just three betting favorites in the past 20 years have made it to the winner’s circle in the Belmont. Get the full scoop from him here.
Ask and you shall receive Rico Riders…
I NEVER bet baseball, but I looked deep into this one and I just can’t fathom why I shouldn’t take it.
Red Sox -147
First off the Twins are a AAA team at best as indicated by their 18-41 record. But the real selling factor to me here was the recent outings of the two pitchers. Boston’s Steven Wright sports a 6-4 record, but has thrown two complete games this year and aside from 1 game vs Kansas City hasn’t given up more than 3 runs all year. Take a look at his pitcher log via OddsShark.com and find me a bad start. Tyler Duffy has been as my friend Sally I likes to call him, “a gas can”, of late. 6, 5,5 and 4 earned runs in his last four starts. I would lat -175 on this one. Pending a miracle, I don’t understand how Minnesota is the smart move here. Sox big on the road.
-Hank… never change man. Keep working hard. You’ll eventually be thanked for all you do around here. Enjoy the weekend Rico Riders.
Total Record of featured “Bosco Bets” picks : 32-25-3 YTD
CFB YTD: +31.15 units College Football 2015-2016 Season, 183-152-7 (+15.8 units) Regular season College Basketball via Twitter, +7.7 units in the NCAA Tournament. For all stats and trends check out OddsShark.com & follow @Rico_Bosco on twitter for all my other picks, NCAA Tournament analysis , birthday wishes to Mike Francesa, questions, how engaged life has changed me, all things floral hats, admiration of D’Jais, and overall entertainment